The Birch Ridge Inn
The spikey enemy - COVID-19
Birch Ridge Inn is doing everything possible to keep guests and employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Even though we have been consistently reviewed by our guests as being a very clean property, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic the Birch Ridge Inn has adopted enhanced sanitary protocols. All employees are trained on how to function in a public environment in the presence of COVID-19 so that they do not contract the disease, nor transfer it to others. All work areas are equipped with the proper sanitizing methods to align with the work performed at the station. Contactless check-out procedures are being implemented. Virtual contactless check-in procedures are in development. In addition to using various chemical sanitizers, commercial UV-C room sanitizing equipment has been purchased for the final sanitizing step in every guest room.
The Birch Ridge Inn welcomes overnight guests for lodging. The restaurant is open to serve dinner to both inn guests and the general public. There are a few things you should know about the Birch Ridge Inn being open while planning your visit.
General COVID-19 Protocols
- All guest should maintain social distancing while visiting the Birch Ridge Inn where practical.
- Birch Ridge Inn Management (Bill and Mary) REQUIRE all guests to wear facial coverings while visiting the inn. It keeps us all safer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you do not have a face mask, the inn has a supply available for inn guests.
- Note : Effective August 1, 2020, Governor Phil Scott has executed a mandatory State-Wide Mask policy. Face masks are mandatory in all indoor and outdoor public settings across Vermont.
- For lodging reservations, you can Book Direct with the inn online or through our Online Travel Agent partners.
- Dinner reservations are currently by telephone only at this time due to limitations in seating guests.
- For further information, or to make a reservation, you can call the inn at Tel: 802.422.4293, or Toll Free at: 800.435.8566.
- Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands.
Overnight Lodging at the Birch Ridge Inn
- Birch Ridge Inn has implemented the sector guidance for lodging outlined by the State of Vermont's "Be Smart/Stay Safe" program.
- Lodging guidance is changing weekly as the State continues it's efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on citizens and visitors to Vermont
- Reservations are being accepted from Vermont residents and residents of non-quarantine counties throughout the Northeast including New England; New York; Pennsylvania; Ohio; New Jersey; Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; Virginia; and West Virginia who have COVID-19 caseloads similar to Vermont. The state has provided a map for guests to use which identifies eligible counties.
- Reservations are also being accepted from residents from other areas who have (i)completed a 14-day quarantine; or (ii) completed a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test – in their home state. They may then enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions if they drive directly from their home via their personal vehicle.
- Lodging guests must complete a Certificate of Compliance attesting that they meet the the State of Vermont's "Be Smart - Stay Safe" requirements.
- The Certificate of Compliance can be completed and sent to the inn prior to arrival, or filled out at check-in.
- It is recommended that Non-Vermont residents register with the State of Vermont’s Sara Alert System. This system provides guests with daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19. If symptoms are reported, the VT Dept of Health will reach out to guests to provide guidance. The Sara Alert System is not GPS-based and does not monitor guests movements.
Dining at the Birch Ridge Inn
- Birch Ridge Inn has implemented the sector guidance for restaurants outlined by the State of Vermont's "Be Smart/Stay Safe" program.
- Restaurant guidance is changing weekly as the State continues it's efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on citizens and visitors to Vermont
- The Restaurant at the Birch Ridge Inn is open for Dine-In and Take Out.
- Dine-In dinner is being served in the Great Room at the inn on tables allowing for social distancing around the building periphery. Bar seating is not available. Party size is limited based upon available seating
- Larger parties can be accommodated in the restaurant with sufficient advanced reservation.
- Take Out is available for all restaurant items including any item on our restaurant menu, for beverages from the bar, and for special foods that have been served to Birch Ridge Inn guests for years which are now being made available to the general public.
- Dinner service for both Dine-In and Take-Out is available currently Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 to 9 PM.
- Reservations are required for both Dine-In and Take-Out.
- Reservations can only be made by telephone to 800.435.8566 or 802.422.4293. at this time
We look forward to seeing you at the Birch Ridge Inn.
Bill Vines and Mary Furlong, Innkeepers, Birch Ridge Inn, Killington Vermont
Updated Friday, September 18, 2020